There are many messaging applications that Internet users have the same for the purpose of a conversation, calls, video calls or conferences. However, the most widespread option in the world is undoubtedly WhatsApp, only closely competed by the social networking app Facebook Messenger.
Content of the page
Anyway, if you are looking for a way to chat online while using your Android tablet or iPad, then the answer is at your fingertips: its name is Whatsapp Web .
In this article, we will explore what it is, how you can set it up and run it on your tablet, as well as some tips and FAQs about using the service.
What is WhatsApp Web?
We all know that Whatsapp is a very popular messaging application, but not everyone knows that a few years ago Chrome released a browser extension called Whatsapp Web.
It is an alternative that allows users to chat from their tablet or computer without the need to install an app.
Whatsapp Web offers many of the features of Whatsapp, with one exception: you can’t send voice messages.
Although this can be solved by purchasing the Premium option, which also provides other additional features, such as video calls, and costs only $1.99 per year.
How to use Whatsapp Web on a tablet?
Note: It is important to emphasize that in order to use Whatsapp Web you must be a client of this messaging app with your phone number. Well, unlike some options like Telegram, where you don’t need to enter a phone number, WhatsApp does require this information to verify your account:
- Open WhatsApp Web in your browser (Chrome or any other)
- Open the WhatsApp app on your mobile phone
- Click on the 3 dots that are in the upper right corner of the screen ⋮
- Choose the WhatsApp Web option and then click on ” Link another device “
- Scan the QR code that we have on the tablet screen (the one that came out in step 1)
How to connect Whatsapp Web to an Android tablet?
As we mentioned before, to use Whatsapp web on any of your devices apart from the mobile, say tablet or computer, all you need is to have a browser or browser.
Next, we explain the process in detail:
1. Open Whatsapp Web in your browser
When the window loads, you will find the step-by-step, very simple, to carry out the configuration.
2. Scan the QR code with your smartphone
The next thing is to open the WhatsApp application on your mobile and click on the three dots that are in the upper right corner. A menu will be displayed where you will notice that the third option is “Whatsapp Web”.
When entering this section, we have a button that says ” Link another device “, and when pressed, the app will ask us to enter the blocking method that we have enabled on our mobile, say pattern, numerical code, or biometric parameter.
Immediately, a QR code scanner will be activated, which we will use to scan the one that appears on the tablet screen.
MADE! Both devices have already been paired
Once the code has been successfully scanned, we will have both devices synchronized. We will find that each conversation, as well as the contacts with whom we have not yet started a chat, will appear on the screen of your Android tablet or iPad.
TIP: Make a Whatsapp Web shortcut on your home screen or desktop
As it is a version of Whatsapp for PC or extension, we will proceed to create direct access from the browser, pressing the ” Add page to Home screen ” section in the configuration menu.
So that we will have an icon very similar to an app, from which we will be able to access WhatsApp Web without any problem.
Advantages of using Whatsapp Web
After learning how to use Whatsapp Web, you can apply these steps to your laptop or as many tablets as you want.
That is why we are talking about the many advantages of the web version of WhatsApp:
- When WhatsApp is synchronized on other devices, all the chats and files sent and received are shown, as well as each group and its options.
- The files of each chat can be downloaded to the synced device, which is very convenient for viewing images, text documents, etc.
- If you have a hybrid tablet or one that you use with a Bluetooth keyboard, typing messages can be done faster and more efficiently.
- Whatsapp Web is extremely secure, so your privacy is not compromised at any time.
- You don’t need a chip to use it.
Disadvantages of using Whatsapp Web
Since WhatsApp doesn’t have a multi-platform version, WhatsApp Web is the only totally secure option to get the same messaging service on tablets as on computers.
And of course, although there are more pros, it also has its cons:
- Whatsapp Web is not an independent mobile app, so it only reflects what you send from the active application on your Smartphone.
- It is impossible to sync and view messages, contacts, or conversations when the tablet or computer does not have an Internet connection.
- Unless you use Whatsapp Web on only one device apart from your mobile, you will have to scan the QR code to log in often, due to the manufacturer’s security protocols.
- In the free version, there is no functionality of audio messages or video calls, but a Premium subscription must be paid, although it is very cheap if we are going to actively use the web option.
- You can not make security settings, privacy, or change the phone number.
- It is not possible to add contacts or configure automatic download.
How to install the Whatsapp apk on an Android tablet?
If you have an iPad, WhatsApp Web is the only way you can access this messaging service on your tablet. Well, although there are many third-party applications that claim to be the solution for iOS devices, in reality, they are unreliable and could compromise your data and privacy.
However, if your tablet is Android, you can also use the apk as explained below:
1. Download the WhatsApp application on your tablet
The first step will be to download the WhatsApp app as if you were going to do it on your mobile phone. After installing it, we will see that it behaves in the same way as on your Android smartphone.
If your tablet has a SIM card slot, now is a good time to insert it. If you don’t have this option, you’ll make sure you have your mobile with active phone service nearby, and you’ll enter your number.
2. Insert the code sent to your number
In a short time, you will receive a numerical code on your mobile, which you will have to enter on the tablet. After this, you can activate the WhatsApp application, and use it also on your Android device.
Advantages of using the WhatsApp app on a tablet
Many people decide to install an application to use Whatsapp on their tablet, instead of using the web version, because of course it has its benefits:
- No synchronization or Internet connection is required to view messages sent and received from the application installed on the tablet.
- You gain comfort in reading and writing messages, as well as viewing files, due to the larger screen size.
- It has the same functions that you would have on a Smartphone.
Disadvantages of using the WhatsApp application on tablets
Of course, we also have negative points when installing an online messaging application like WhatsApp on a device that does not have access to a SIM card:
One of the problems with this option is that you will not be able to see your previous chats, since the app will start as if you had changed your device.
Conversations are not synchronized, so what you send and receive on your tablet will not be shown on your smartphone and vice versa.
It will take up more space than the web version since the downloaded files are saved in the memory of the tablet.
WhatsApp Web FAQs
Due to the characteristics of WhatsApp for smartphones, users have many doubts about the Web version.
How to download Whatsapp Web from Google Play?
Whatsapp Web does not have its own application, so it is only possible to access it through the browser. However, if you search the Google Play Store for these terms, you will find quite a few applications under the same name.
In addition to the distrust generated by the fact that almost none of them are verified, most of them are just a kind of “frame” or framework, which creates direct access on your home screen, but nothing more. Something that, as you may have read before, you can do on your own.
In any case, we strongly discourage users from using any alternative to WhatsApp Web, for security reasons.
Since you could compromise your privacy and even virtual identity, it would be very easy for any hacker to access your user data through your telephone number and other sensitive information, violating your rights.
Why WhatsApp Web does not open?
The first requirement for WhatsApp Web to work is that you have an Internet connection from your computer, whether it’s a tablet or a computer. When you access the link through the browser, and follow the steps of scanning the QR code that appears, you will be able to use WhatsApp normally.
On the other hand, it is important that you make sure that you have the Smartphone and the tablet or computer close by , since synchronization will be lost if they are too far apart.
How to use Whatsapp Web without the QR code?
Many users wonder if there are tricks to use Whatsapp Web without the QR code. But the truth is that unless you use this computer version on a single trusted device (which the Whatsapp algorithm identifies as personal use) you will have to log in using QR each time you switch between your computers.
In short, if you are already familiar with this messaging app, after having informed you step by step about how to use Whatsapp Web, we suggest you explore the many advantages it offers for use on tablets and computers.
We assure you that you will find numerous reasons to use it whenever you are in the comfort of your home!