One of the great advantages of having a TV at home today, considering the entertainment provided by tablets, computers, and smartphones, is being able to enjoy the content we see on the latter on a larger screen.
Content of the page
To do this, you need to establish a connection, and the simplest option for a long time was the HDMI connection. For this, you need to establish a connection, and the simplest option for a long time was the HDMI connection. The problem is that to connect a Tablet to a TV, the first one needs to have a micro HDMI connector, which is no longer common today.
Furthermore, the connection of this type is also expiring on televisions, as Smart TVs. Furthermore, the connection of this type is also expiring on televisions, as Smart TVs replace old models. Well, in this post we will tell you how to connect your Tablet to TV without HDMI, and all the possible solutions at your fingertips.
Related Article: How To Connect Usb To Tablet Complete Guide
What is the name of the cable that goes from the tablet to the TV?
When we talk about ports and HDMI ( High Definition Multimedia Interface ) connection, we are referring to that cable that goes from the tablet to the TV. But, of course, you ask yourself: What are the tablets with HDMI? On the subject, we have a post on Droiders in case you are interested in knowing them, but yes, there are a few models with HDMI output to connect them to smart TVs, monitors, projectors, etc.
Through this port, and making sure that the TV also has it, you can connect the tablet to the TV via HDMI without major mishaps, achieving an image and sound in high definition. There are also older televisions (10 years ago, but no more) that have a USB input port to which flash memory can be connected as well as a storage device.
In this way, it is also possible to connect a tablet to a TV via USB, but it is a port that is no longer commonly found on televisions. So it is better to know the most up-to-date ways of how to connect a tablet or iPad to television, and not depend on a cable to connect a tablet to television.
Related Article: How To Choose A Tablet Complete Guide
How to connect your tablet to TV without HDMI (without cables)?
When we have a smart TV or Smart TV of the same brand as our Tablet, such as Samsung or Apple, everything is easier. However, it is not always so. Therefore the possible solutions are:
Method # 1: Connect via Wi-Fi
The great ease with respect to Smart TVs is that they have Wi-Fi connectivity, so it will not be very difficult to link them to our Tablet:
- Install the TV app on the Tablet, you can search for it on the manufacturer’s website, but if there is no application available and your Tablet is Android, opt for the Micarast or DLNA systems (FKH Wireless WiFi Display Dongle HDMI 1080P WiFi Display Receiver Support Miracast Airplay DLNA for Chromecast / Android / Smartphone / PC / TV / Monitor / Projector).
- Connect both the tablet and the TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app and start the configuration, as indicated in it.
- Pair them and start using them without any further problem.
Related Article: How To Fix A Tablet That Won’t Turn On Complete Guide
Connect iPad to TV without HDMI
To connect an iPad to a television that does not have an HDMI port, we have two possible options, which vary depending on the connectivity offered by the TV in question.
Method # 1: Wired Connection
To establish a connection using cables, we must observe what type of connectivity our iPad has:
- iOS with Lightning connector : You can opt for a Lightning Digital AV adapter , or a Lightning to VGA one.
- iOS with 30-pin DOCK connector : In these cases, you will need to get a 2nd Gen 20-pin AV adapter, or an Apple 30-pin to VGA adapter .
Once you have obtained the corresponding cable, you must follow the following steps:
- Connect the AV or VGA adapter to the charging port of your iPad.
- Connect the VGA cable to the adapter.
- Connect the available end of the VGA cable to the TV.
- Turn on your iPad’s secondary screen, and start streaming.
Method # 2: Connecting using Airplay 2
Connecting an iPad via Airplay to a TV requires the latter to be an Airplay-compatible Apple TV or Smart TV. For this we can:
- Add our Smart TV to the Home app, and assign it a room.
- Connect your iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as the TV.
- Find the video to stream in your iPad gallery.
- Tap the TV-shaped icon.
- Choose your Smart TV and you can now enjoy your video on the big screen.
Related Article: How To Connect Bluetooth Keyboard To Tablet Complete Guide
Connect Android Tablet to Apple TV
Although it is not a secret for anyone that each Streaming service (say Chromecast and Airplay) works better in its own operating ecosystem, it is possible to view the content of an Android Smartphone or Tablet on an Apple TV.
Method # 1: Connecting using Airplay
There are applications developed for Android that allow it to be linked to the Airplay system that Apple TV has, one of the most reliable is Casetify. To connect our Tablet to the TV, we must:
- Download the Castify (or Cast TV) app on your Android tablet.
- Establish a connection between your Tablet and your Apple TV using the same Wi-Fi.
- From the Castify app, select the icon in the upper right corner, which corresponds to the “Cast” function, and choose your TV.
- Enter the PIN that is shown to you on the TV.
- You will only have to send the content, locating it on your Tablet and pressing the play button.
Connect Tablet to Samsung TV
Some Samsung TVs have HDMI, which makes connecting to a tablet quite easy, even if the tablet doesn’t have a mini HDMI port. Also, to connect tablet without HDMI to TV:
We could opt for a USB-C or micro USB to HDMI adapter, which we will place in the corresponding port on the tablet, and then connect it to the TV using an HDMI cable. That is the best way to connect a Samsung tablet to HDMI TV, but not the only way.
If we do not have an HDMI adapter but the TV does have that port, and we are interested in taking advantage of a Chromecast device, here is the way to connect the tablet to the TV:
Related Article: How To Connect Hard Drive To Tablet Complete Guide
Method # 1: Android tablet to Samsung TV with HDMI
The easiest way to connect any tablet wirelessly to a Samsung TV is through a Chromecast device (Google Chromecast, Carbon, Play streaming content: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics), which connects to the TV’s HDMI and then links to the Tablet using the Chromecast app:
- Connect the Chromecast to the television.
- Install the Google Home app on your tablet.
- Connect the tablet and the Chromecast on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app, and add the new device, that is, the Samsung TV.
- Link them by pressing the team name and that’s it.
However, when our Samsung TV does not have an HDMI port, we have the following options available depending on the model or Operating System of the Tablet:
Method # 2: Android tablet to Samsung TV without HDMI
The most recent Samsung televisions are compatible with Apple Airplay, so we can install this application on our Samsung TV, and later:
- Download the Castify app on our Android Tablet.
- Install the app and then connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- From the open app on the Tablet, look for the “Transmit” icon to our Samsung TV.
- Insert the PIN that is shown on the TV, and select the content that we want to transmit.
Related Article: How To Speed Up Your Android Tablet Complete Guide
Method # 3: From Samsung Tablet to Samsung TV
The ease offered by devices of the same brand is the compatibility between them. Furthermore, it is very easy to find out how to mirror Samsung tablet screen to TV.
To share content between a TV and a Samsung Tablet, we only have to:
- Connect the two computers to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Search both devices for the option “Screen Mirroring”.
- Play the video or images on the Tablet.
Method # 4: iPad to Samsung TV
For this method, we only need to install the ApowerMirror app on the iPad. Then we will establish the connection as follows: