There are numerous tutorials to reset Android tablet all over the internet. And it is that, although this operating system has such a similar operation regardless of the brand of the device that carries it, the ways to reach the same objective usually vary at the whim of the manufacturer.
Content of the page
For this reason, today we have proposed to carry out the Definitive Guide on how to reset a blocked tablet, or one that is very slow, or that you simply want to format because you are going to give it away or sell it.
Whatever your reason for formatting your tablet, we’ll show you how to do it in each case, both from the settings menu and using the available physical buttons. Stay and find out how to do it!
How to format an Android tablet?
The way to reset an Android tablet is basically the same: from Settings, or by doing a Hard Reset. The common problem for users is that the way to reach the same goal varies depending on the version of Android and the customization layer of each manufacturer.
For this reason, not a few prefer to reset their Android tablet from a PC, to avoid interaction with these peculiarities. However, most of the time it will be necessary to have advanced computer skills and to have previously activated the USB Debugging option on the tablet, otherwise it will not work.
Ways to reset different brands of Android tablets with and without buttons
When we began to investigate what were the most frequent doubts of users regarding the process of resetting a tablet, we found two very striking questions:
- How to reset Android tablet without buttons?
- How to factory reset a tablet with buttons?
In the first case, resetting a tablet without buttons surely refers to using the touch screen to access the Settings available on the tablet. And in the second, it would be the so-called Hard Reset, which is done with the tablet turned off and often solves the problem of blocked tablets.
But let’s see, among the brands most sought after by users, what are the procedures:
How to reset a Lenovo tablet? It is a question to which we gave an extensive answer in another article, but here we leave you a summary of the two options with and without buttons:
Reset Lenovo tablet:
- Go to “Settings / Backup and reset / Factory data reset”.
- It shows you the information that will be deleted with this process, and gives you the option to make a backup.
- If you already did, ignore the warning and tap “Reset Tablet”.
Hard reset Lenovo tablet:
- Power off your tablet completely, making sure it’s at least 50% battery.
- Simultaneously press the “Volume +” and “Power” buttons until the Lenovo logo appears.
- Release the “Power” button while holding the “Volume +” button and a menu will be displayed, called Recovery. Stop pressing the other button.
- Use the “Volume +” and Volume -” buttons to scroll through the menu, and choose “Wipe data/ Factory Reset” which you will OK with the “Power” button.
- Select “Yes, delete all user data” again and wait for the process to start.
- The main menu will reappear, and you should choose “Reboot system now”. The tablet will reboot and be as good as new.
To format a Samsung tablet, you have the following options:
Reset Samsung tablet:
- Go to “Settings/General Administration/Reset/Factory Reset”
- Press “Restore” if you have already backed up your data and apps, if you haven’t, you have the option to use “Smart Switch” to back them up to an SD card or USB flash drive.
Hard Reset Samsung tablet:
- Turn off your tablet.
- Simultaneously press the “Volume +” and “Power” buttons.
- When the Samsung logo appears, stop pressing “Power”.
- When the Recovery menu appears, release the other button.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the “Volume +” and “Volume -” buttons, and hit Enter with the “On” button, all you have to do is wait.
The process on how to format a Huawei tablet is also very simple:
Format Huawei tablet:
- Go to “Settings/System/Reset/Factory data reset”.
- Select the “Erase internal memory” checkbox if you wish, and then click “Reset”.
Hard reset Huawei tablet:
- Turn off your tablet.
- Press and hold the “Volume +” and “Power” buttons. Release the first when the Huawei logo appears, and the second when the recovery menu appears.
- Navigate to the “Wipe data/Factory data reset” option using the Volume keys, and hit Enter using the Power button.
- After finishing the process, select “Reboot system now” and that’s it.
Here’s how to reset an Advance tablet:
Hard Reset tablet Advance:
- Turn off the tablet and press the “Volume +” and “Power” keys at the same time, until the Android logo appears with a hatch in its open stomach.
- Press “Power” and “Volume +” once more and the recovery menu will come out.
- Select the option “Wipe data/ Factory reset” and then “Yes, delete all user data”.
- When the system finishes rebooting, select the “Reboot system now” option.
any chinese tablet
If you have a tablet from another brand, such as Mastertech, LG, Chuwi, Teclast, Alcatel, Acer, etc. You can achieve reset without problems in the following way:
Hard Reset Chinese tablet without buttons:
- Go to Settings, and in the search engine type “Factory Data Restore”.
- Select the exact result and then click “Restore”.
Reset chinese tablet with buttons:
- Turn off your tablet, and press the “Volume +” and “Power” buttons at the same time, until the brand logo appears, releasing the “Power” button.
- Wait for the Android logo to appear and stop pressing the other button, so that you will see a menu where you must choose the “Wipe Data/ Factory Reset” option using the volume buttons to scroll and the power button to OK.
- Continue accessing until the system completes the process, and then give the option “Reboot system now”.
How to do a hard reset to a tablet from the PC?
If after the specific process for your tablet you cannot reset it, you can still format your Android tablet from locked PC, using two options:
- Android Device Manager : If you have accessed your Google account from your tablet, it will remain registered as yours, so you will be able to access several options such as removing the password in case you have forgotten it, or even factory reset. It is also necessary that your tablet has an Internet connection at that time.
- Universal ADB Helper : If you have “USB Debugging” enabled on your tablet, you can use this software to format your tablet using the MC2 command line on your computer.
These alternatives to reset Android tablet to factory status are explained in great detail in the post on formatting tablets. So we suggest that if you have come this far without achieving results, consult this article to know the precise step by step.
How to format a tablet with Android 4.2.2?
Although we have not found among our arsenal of tablets one with such an old system, we do know that there are users who are wondering this because they need to know how to reset Engel 7 tablet. Therefore, we show you how to restore a tablet with Android 5.1, a generation later. Well, in theory it should not differ:
1. Back up your tablet data manually.
2. Go to “Settings/Backup/Factory data reset/Reset tablet”.
How to reset an iTab tablet?
To reset an iTab tablet, the first thing you need to do is turn off your tablet. To then press, as explained above, the “Volume +” and “Power” buttons at the same time, until the Recovery menu appears.
There select “Wipe data/Factory data reset” and press the “Power” button to accept. Confirm the action and allow the tablet to continue the process. Finally select “Reboot system now” and that will be it.
How to factory reset a Gadnic tablet?
The process to restore a Gadnic tablet is “Settings / Backup / Factory data reset” and press the “Reset tablet” button and then confirm with “Erase everything”.
How to format a ZTE tablet?
To format a ZTE tablet go to “Settings/Backup and reset/Factory reset/Reset device”. You can also do a hard reset using the “Volume +” and “Power” keys as in the explanations above.
Why do I need an SD card to format my Android tablet?
Very simple, if you have content in your internal memory that you do not want to lose with the reset, you better make backup copies of it. And for this, the simplest thing is to insert an SD card to make said copy.
Most tablets will give you the option to make this copy before taking the final step of formatting, if you are doing this from the Settings menu.
What to do when the hard reset does not work?
Hard reset is a no-reverse process that all Android smartphones and tablets can do. However, sometimes when the internal memory is completely full, you may find that your tablet has not performed the Hard Reset.
Simply remove a few apps to free up enough memory to allow the tablet reset procedure to be accomplished.
That is all! If you still have doubts, you can tell us about your specific problem, and we will try to give you an answer.