The Asian giant is one of the countries that has earned a place of honour in the technology sector. Although many times when we talk about mobile devices, computers and tablets of Chinese origin, the latter is taken as synonymous with poor quality, the truth is that there is something very true when judging any Chinese product:
And it is that they manufacture for all pockets. Therefore, you cannot expect a product that has cost you a couple of euros to last you 2 years. However, it should also be noted that in the specific case of Chinese tablets, there are thousands of brands in the European and North American market: Huawei, CHUWI, Teclast, Yotopt, Jusyea or Realme, to name just a few. That is why a higher price is not always synonymous with quality.
That is why we have given ourselves the task of searching among the wide offer, to find the 5 best Chinese tablets in terms of quality price in 2021. In addition, we have made a small guide on the most important points when selecting one. good Chinese tablet.
If you want to discover the tablets that have won in this top 5, in addition to those useful buying tips, we invite you to continue reading.
1. MediaPad T5: The cheapest and highest quality Huawei tablet
The MediaPad T5 model is one of the most popular Huawei Tablets. In addition, it must be admitted that the brand has built an excellent reputation in the Western market. Only hampered by US sanctions, which have prevented him from updating the software on his Android devices from version 8.0.
But beyond this small obstacle, the T5 is an example of the excellent features offered by this Chinese manufacturer. It is a 10.1-inch tablet, with a Full HD resolution screen and anodized aluminium finish.
Performance is solid, thanks to the Mali T820 MP2 Octa-core processor and Qualcomm Adreno 308 graphics sub-processor. The version we have reviewed costs €198 and has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM, although you will find a more moderate option with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage for only €129.
The 5,100 mAh battery seems fair for the size of the screen, but the truth is that the efficient processor and RAM make optimal use of this resource, which allows it to provide about 2 or 3 days of autonomy
2. CHUWI iPad X: The Chinese tablet with the best value for money
- 🔔【Powerful 8-Core Processor, Smoothly Gaming Experience】 CHUWI Hipad X Android 11 tablet equipped with an 8-core processor( four A73 and four A53 ), providing outstanding performance. Play the popular game or enjoy video stably and smoothly.
- 🏆【6GB RAM+128GB ROM storage】CHUWI tablet with 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB ROM, running multiple applications smoothly in the background, without lag. Up to 128GB TF card expansion to achieve massive space (not included).
- 📞【Dual SIM 4G LTE Net, Always Online】2.4G+5G dual WIFI and GPS help you find a way easily if travel outdoor. HiPad X tablet supports dual SIMs to connect to LTE net. Enjoy the high-speed internet connection anywhere, even without Wi-Fi. Please consult the local operator to purchase sim cards that support the frequency bands below.★1.GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8---2.WCDMA: B1/B2/B4/B5/B8---3.LTE: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/17/B20/28/B38/B41.
- 🧸【10.1'' Wide Vision, Brings More Fun】10.1'' full HD IPS touch screen, and 1920 x1200 high resolution, offering you a wonderful visual experience. The 16:10 aspect ratio displays more content and gets more fun when playing online games or watching videos. Built-in 7000mAh large battery, longer running time, and standby time providing longer companionship.
- 📸【2 in 1 Android 11 tablet 】 HiPad X Android tablet can connects a docking keyboard case to turn into a laptop in seconds. You can handle your work easily wherever at home or outside. 800W+500W dual cameras support photo and video calls. ★ One-year reassuring quality assurance. CONTACT US: Login your amazon account > choose "Your orders" > find the order > click "Contact seller".
CHUWI is one of the Chinese manufacturers that has been standing out for some time for its quality devices. In this case, we are surprised by an excellent Tablet PC, a perfect competitor for the Chromebook, a much more expensive convertible.
For only €200, you will have a 10” tablet made of metal and plastic, with FHD resolution on the screen. It has a Mali G72 eight-core processor, with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage, expandable with 128 GB more via micro SD.
The 7,000 mAh battery will give you several days of continuous use without having to charge it.
3. Toscido M863: The cheapest, good and complete Chinese tablet
- [Octa Core processor + 4GB RAM + Android 10.0 + 13M&5M Camera + 1920x1200 HD IPS display] Note: only supports wifi, not support SIM. Ultra-high performance tablet, 30% Faster Running Speed. This tablet is equipped with a 10 inch IPS display, Octa Core processor, 4GB RAM and 64 GB ROM. After connecting to wifi, you can quickly download the apps you want to use,such as YouTube,Netflix,etc. And it is easy to set up, customers who do not understand computers can also configure quickly and safely.
- [10 inch tablet] Metal finish, slim design, with built-in screen protector, finger sliding is extremely natural and comfortable, not easy to leave fingerprints and scratches. With the 10-inch 1920x1200 HD IPS display, high resolution, clear and bright images, excellent contrast and clarity, can protect eyesight, and can be safely used by children. Ultra fast Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (supports 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) and Bluetooth 5.0 technology offers more mobility.
- [Tablet with keyboard] Adroid Tablet| Tablet Case| Bluetooth keyboard| Wireless mouse| OTG cable| Capacitive pen| User manual US-charger| C-type Cable. With the corresponding supporting facilities, no additional purchase is required, and it can even be turned into a cool, lighter and more convenient small computer. There is also a protective case that can protect the tablet and prevent dust. Incorporates a microSD card slot that permits you to extend to an extra 256GB of memory.
- [Tablet with GPS] It is very convenient when traveling, working outdoors, or traveling by car. Compared with mobile phones, the large 10-inch screen allows us to operate conveniently, relieve eye fatigue, and concentrate. Of course, you need to connect to wifi, otherwise you need to download offline maps in advance. Built-in 13 million rear camera and 5 million front camera, high-definition pixels, Can take clear and delicate photos, anytime and anywhere to record the beauty around you.
- [Large capacity battery + Stereo double speakers] 6000mAh large capacity battery, enough to support long-term distance learning and business meetings. Stereo double speakers make the experience of video browsing and social media online communication very good. The perfect packaging can be given to family and friends as gifts on Christmas, Valentine's Day, entrance ceremony, coming-of-age ceremony, birthday celebration and various occasions.
Our next proposal comes from a brand that little by little begins to be known more. TOSCiDO is another manufacturer that offers good tablets at a very affordable price. This tablet for just over €100 has a 10” screen with HD resolution and is a very successful option for average multimedia and office use.
Bring a 1.6 GHz octa-core MediaTek processor, with 4GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128 GB. The operating system is Android 10 and it comes with Google Play.
This proposal is simply unbeatable since it also includes a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, cover and stylus .
4. Blackview Tab 8: The best Chinese tablet for gaming
- Premium look & feel with metal back cover and slim, narrow bezels. Enjoy your favorite videos on the 10.3" FHD display with TDDI technology
- Fast and powerful Octa-Core processor with up to 2.3 GHz main frequency for quick performance
- Never miss a moment with 8 MP rear plus 5 MP front cameras, dual microphones, and 2 side speakers tuned with Dopoundsy Atmos
- Kid's mode includes dedicated content for kids, with parent control and specialized eye protection. Bumpy environment and posture alerts also available
- Stay connected with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Dual Band, and Bluetooth 5.0
The Blackview Tab 8 model is also 10 inches, but it has Full HD resolution, which is appreciated for greater enjoyment in terms of image quality.
Likewise, it differs from the rest of the tablets in our selection that attend above all to quality-price, in that it has a 13 MPx rear camera and a 5 MPx front camera, which offer a good response for punctual use.
It has the default set of 4 GB of RAM with 64 GB of ROM already common in Chinese tablets, expandable up to 128 GB.
The Blackview Tab 8 incorporates an octa-core processor, in addition to a good number of sensors, which allow it to work perfectly with the latest generation games together with the processor .
5. Dragon Touch Max 10: The best Chinese tablet for watching movies
- [ Native Android 10.0 OS ] The Dragon Touch Max10 comes with the latest Android 10.0 operating system, which is smarter, faster and adapts to you as you use it more. No unexpected ads or bloatware apps.
- [ Powerful Octa-Core Tablet for All ] The Dragon Touch NotePad Max10 is a 10 inch Wi-Fi android tablet with GPS capability. It is powered by a 64-bit Octa-Core high-performance processor with 3GB RAM 32GB storage, providing a superior experience of entertainment, browse, games and shopping for everyone in the family.
- [ Full Google Service Access ] Max10 is a GMS certified android tablet and you have full access to Google services, such as Gmail, Youtube, Drive, Maps, Play Store and more brilliant apps and contents from Play store, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Netflix, etc.
- [ Slim Body, Room for Everything ] This 10-inch tablet has built-in 32GB memory and supports up to 128GB microSD cards to expand the storage. You can download and keep your favorite books, songs, photos, movies, and games, everything you like in this slim metal android tablet.
- [ Ultimate Entertainment Experience ] Featuring a vivid 10.1 inch 1920 x 1200 Full HD 2.5D Glass IPS touch screen with dual speakers, dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz) connectivity and 10-hour video playback battery life, Max10 is designed for an improved entertainment experience, delivering a better tablet with high-speed network connections to browse, video chat, play games, watch movies & TV series, and more.
We conclude our selection with the Dragon Touch Max 10: an ideal tablet for those who want a good 5G connection for the sake of streaming content . The screen resolution is Full HD and is retina type, with a refresh rate of 48 Hz, which provides excellent image quality and responsiveness.
It comes with Android version 9.0, for better performance with its octa-core processor and 3 GB of RAM . Storage seems a bit short, especially if we are going to save content offline or install many apps.
However, this is easily solved with a 128 GB micro SD, which is the maximum capacity supported by the tablet. For the rest, it offers a 5,000 mAh battery, just enough for about 8 hours of continuous use .
Common problems in Chinese tablets, why are they said to be bad?
Yes, it’s true, there are so many manufacturers of Chinese tablets that you may find hundreds of devices with the same features, in the same price range and the only thing that differentiates them is the brand name (many of them impossible to pronounce, even if they are romanized).
Since they are so similar, they usually always limp on the same leg (or performance, to speak in more accurate terms). In general, a Chinese tablet between €90 and €100 could present problems in the short or long term in the following characteristics:
Many Chinese tablets have a frankly short battery life, between 4 and 5 hours of continuous use.
While it used to be more important for Tablet-type devices to have a Bluetooth or OTG connection, Wi-Fi is currently one of the most necessary features. Chinese tablets generally have the capacity for two SIM cards, so you can use them with mobile data.
But Wi-Fi can have poor reception, especially on tablets with an all-metal finish. It is preferable that they have plastic parts for the area where the Wi-Fi antenna is located.
Some Chinese tablets have 4 speakers, but they are not the cheapest. The usual is to find options with 2 speakers, which generally provide a sound that lacks depth or nuance.
One of the features that you have to look for in the specifications of any Chinese tablet before buying it, is if it has Google Play. Well, many do not incorporate it, and that could be a problem for you, depending on the use.
Some of the cheaper Chinese tablets lack fluidity, due to the power of processors that are not always from reliable brands.
If you have to choose, look for options with a MediaTek processor (the most basic) or Qualcomm’s Snapdragon (mid-range and high-end).
Tips to choose a good Chinese tablet (and not die trying)
Now that you know what are the problems that Chinese tablets can have (NOTE: They can have, not necessarily all brands or models have them) we leave you some good tips to choose a good tablet ” made in China “:
The use that you will give
One of the aspects that you should have clearer is the use. Most Chinese tablets priced between €100 and €130 will offer you enough features for office use, navigation and multimedia.
If you are looking for an option for games and heavy editing programs, we recommend offers above € 200 , with few exceptions. You can discover these with the help of the following point.
Above all, when we buy online, it is very important to consider the opinions of people who have bought the model before.
Although many users make an average use of these devices (for example: for their children to play games, watch videos or make video calls ), others with extensive knowledge make very good evaluations of the product.
Contrast these opinions with your own experience, and with other comparisons like the one we bring you today, and surely you will not make a mistake in your purchase.
The size and quality of the screen
Nowadays, considering the size of mobile phones, it is not worth investing in a 7 or 8-inch tablet to watch movies or play games. That is why it is always recommended that you opt for devices from 10 inches onwards.
Of course, pay attention to the quality of the screen, if it is LCD, OLED, AMOLED or Retina type: The first and last are frequent in the low and medium ranges, while the second and third, together with the Super AMOLED are mostly found in high-end tablets.
In terms of resolution, you’ll find plenty of options with HD, but for the best sharpness and image quality, we recommend aiming for Full HD (FHD), Quad HD (QHD), or even 2K options.
As we told you before, many cheap Chinese tablets tend to cut the budget on cameras, speakers or screens. If they also limp at the level of specifications: a dual-core processor, 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM… it is best that you do not buy them.
Choose Quad-core devices onwards, and with an updated Android version if possible. Much better if you can make sure that it doesn’t have bloatware, which are those annoying apps pre-installed by the manufacturer and that often don’t even fulfil a certain function, only ads.
As you can see, there are many Chinese tablet options that offer good value for money, beyond the renowned Xiaomi, Huawei, Yester and Lenovo. In any case, now it’s our turn to answer…
Huawei takes care of the details, guaranteeing adequate performance in all its features, although as expected, it cuts a little in terms of cameras, this is a relatively insignificant drawback.
The biggest drawback is the inability to update the software, which has been stuck at Android 8.0 due to US policies imposed on the manufacturer.
But it also has excellent performance with that operating system, and it really is a good option in terms of quality-price, which is why we chose it as the best Chinese tablet that can be bought in Spain in 2022 .